From Wills to Powers of Attorney, our trustworthy team can provide expert advice on the distribution of your assets, ensuring your family’s needs are accounted for, and your financial obligations are taken care of.
When dealing with the loss of a loved one, the legal process for estates can seem daunting. Our expert estate administration team have the experience to guide you through the process.
As difficult as it can be to consider death, it’s important to take the time to plan ahead, ensuring that your estate is in order and that your wishes are clearly documented. From Wills to Powers of Attorney, our trustworthy team can provide expert advice on the distribution of your assets, ensuring your family’s needs are accounted for and your financial obligations are taken care of.
Our extensive range of estate administration services include:
Obtaining grants of Probate from the High Court, including:
- Letters of Administration
- Letters of Administration with Will Annexed
- Probate of a Lost Will
- Probate in favour of Attorney of Incapacitated Executor
- Probate of a Will from an overseas jurisdiction
- Resealing a Grant of Probate made by a Court in an overseas jurisdiction
- General administration of estate
- Executors/administrators duties and obligations
- Statutory timeframes and risk assessment
- Potential claims that can be made against estates
- Identifying and calling in assets in both New Zealand and overseas
- Identifying and paying accounts, debts
- Reimbursement for expenses paid on behalf of clients
- Liaising with beneficiaries in order to complete distributions, assisting with locating beneficiaries including liaising with private investigators (if required)
Administration of ongoing estate matters:
- Life interest in real estate in favour of widowed spouse/partner
- Life interest in favour of windowed spouse/partner of income from investment of cash assets
- Assets and/or income to child beneficiaries
- Assets and/or income for specific use (e.g., Education trust or similar)
Distribution of estate assets
- In accordance with terms of Will or otherwise pursuant to terms of a Deed of Family Arrangement or Court Order.
- Payment of legacies (friends, families, charities)
- Distribution to beneficiaries by way of payment of funds to nominated bank accounts and/or transfer of assets at agreed values (if required)
In conjunction with our Disputes Resolution team, we can also assist you with:
- Validating testamentary documents pursuant to Wills Act 2007
- Estate claims, either acting for executors of estate or representing the claimant(s)
Read our Estate Administration articles here