Catherine (preferred name Taff) joined Harmans in January 2004, after graduating from the University of Otago in 2003 with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Film and Media Studies). Taff is a Senior Associate in our large commercial and property law team.
Taff specialises in banking and finance, commercial and residential property, trusts and asset protection. She has extensive experience with commercial and business transactions and advising clients on appropriate business structures.
Taff lives in Lyttelton and is involved with a number of community-based projects on a pro bono basis.
Some of Taff’s recent work/projects include:
- Advising clients in relation to the sale and purchase of residential property, including dealing with assignment of EQC/insurance claims and related issues.
- Advising clients in relation to the sale and purchase of small to medium business including related shareholders agreements and issues.
- Advising on the sale and purchase of “as-is-where-is” properties.
- Advising in relation to the structuring of asset protection matters including forming and administering family trusts.
- Advising and assisting a client with both the sale and purchase of a Fishing Vessel and Registered Ship.
- Advising a number of lending institutions on commercial lending transactions and the structuring of securities.